Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Canadian poetries: Rita Joe & Kinnie Starr

"In light of what happened, I think for the sake of witnesses, there should be a couple people on each team. I wouldn't want anyone there alone," she [Tania Cameron] said.

The focus on safety comes after a Thunder Bay woman was assaulted, and the attackers made reference to the Idle No More movement taking place across the country. 
~Idle No More discusses boycott (Kenora Online, 1 Jan 2013)  

"On the day I am blue,
I go again to the wood where the tree is swaying,
Arms touching you like a friend,
And the sound of the wind so alone like I am;
Whispers here, whispers there,
Come and just be my friend. ”

October Song, Rita Joe’s last poem found on her
typewriter.

from Rita Joe [pdf]



  Kinnie Starr, Bonfires



~
Rita Joe








+  Poems of Rita Joe (1978)


Kinnie Starr



+ to listen:





No comments: